Parking in a specially designated areas requires a valid Chicago city sticker with a 2, 3, or 4 digit Residential Zone Parking number included. When you purchase your new city sticker, the zoned parking will be included and you will be charged $25. Or, you could use a Chicago Residential Parking Daily Permit.
The numbers on the city sticker or daily permit must match the number on the sign.
Have you moved onto a Residential Parking street?
Check to confirm your street is already zoned RPP. In most instances,the cost to update your city sticker will be prorated at $2.08 per month. If you have a city sticker without the zoned parking digits, you must bring it to a service center and receive a new one. You must bring:
- Your 2014 Chicago City Vehicle Sticker Renewal Form OR your State Vehicle Registration ID Card, both of which include your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) license plate, and license plate expiration date.
- Proof of residency (current lease or current utility bill; a driver's license with your current address is valid for both an ID and proof of residency).
Do you want to designate Residential Parking on your street?
If you want to zone your block for RPP, you must gain neighborhood support. Follow these steps:
- Print this petition.
- Collect at least 70% of your neighbor's signatures.
- Make a copy of your ID showing your address on the block, or just come into the office with your signed petition.
- Fax these 2 completed documents to 773-395-0146.
- Then call our office to confirm we have received it.
K, how long does it take to get RPP? describe briefly.